- Senior Expo, exhibition organized by Romexpo, dedicated to the elderly category, attracted both exhibitors with different services, programs, activities for seniors and many visitors; OPTBR was present with a stand in which several programs dedicated to this category of clients were presented.
- the Contract with the National House of Public Pensions sign woth the majority of our members started, based on the auction organized at national level; the contract is ensuring the capitalization of capacities by November;
- Annual General Meeting of our organization ( OPTBR) - was held in Mamaia, hotel Riviera ***; on this occasion several priorities of spa tourism were established; it was requested the support of the Ministry of Tourism and a better collaboration with other central institutions;
Two new members are joining OPTBR: SC Transport Trade Services SA Covasna and SC Casa Romaneasca - Calimanesti Caciulata. Welcome to OPTBR!
- The Seminar “Opportunities and obstacles in the development of the Romanian balneal tourism” preceded the works of the General Meeting and offered the opportunity to meet with the companies located on the seaside; a series of common issues on the seaside - as a special entity in the tourism sector, with a huge potential for balneal and curative treatment - and in the balneal resorts of the rest of the country were discussed on this occasion. The debated aspects were: the situation of the personnel, modalities of qualification of the personnel, the expansion of the seasonality, the difficulties faced by the investors in tourism, especially in the spa, etc. ; it was underlined the results of introduction of spa departments in the hotel structures as well as the necessity of their accreditation with European or international emblems, with some best-practice examples.
- Participation at meetings of the Consultative Council of the Ministry of Tourism, as well as in the discussions on the organization of OMDs (Destination Management Organizations) as tools to promote and increase the visibility of destinations; in this sense, a draft law will be elaborated.
DO NOT FORGET:
The Balneal Tourism Exchange and Forum, 19-22 sept.2018, Covasna, Hotel Caprioara ****